December 4: A Day December 4, 2012Posted by garvoille in Uncategorized.
2. Cast of The Outsiders. Students cast their own friends and family as roles in The Outsiders as an exercise in connecting their lives to literature.
3. Oral Quiz on Chapters 5 and 6.
4. Comic Strip. Students created a comic strip of Chapters 5 and 6 with an emphasis on their motifs. This was turned in at the end of class.
HW: Read Chapter 7 of The Outsiders.
2. Riddle-writing. Students wrote their own riddles about something important in their lives.
3. Reading Chapter 6. Together we began reading chapter 6 of The Hobbit with a backchannel.
HW: Read Chapter 6 for tomorrow.
2. Oral Quiz on Chapter 6.
3. Societies of Middle Earth: Students split into groups to examine the different kinds of creatures in middle earth. Each group was responsible for analyzing the group (Wargs, Elves, Dwarves, etc.), coming up with a modern-day parallel, and finding an image that symbolically described the group’s values.
4. Reading Chapter 7. We read the beginning of Chapter 7 together, which students should read on their own for Thursday.
HW: Read Chapter 7 of The Hobbit and continue motif annotations.