March 10 and 11 March 10, 2014Posted by garvoille in Uncategorized.
1. Students wrote two rhyming couplets as a warm-up.
2. We looked at two sonnets here: L19 sonnets and discussed them.
3. Students added to their L13 notes:
Power 3. Sound and Diction
- diction: word choice
- connotation: the associations that come along with a word (positive/negative)
- alliteration: the repetition of the sound at the beginning of words
- consonance: the repetition of a consonant sound within or at the end of a word
- assonance: the repetition of vowel sounds in a word
HW: Quiz on L18 and L13 (with a review of L16) on Wednesday! Key terms include rhyme scheme, enjambment, scansion, alliteration, assonance, consonance.