September 18: Similes September 18, 2014Posted by garvoille in Uncategorized.
1. When students arrived, they wrote down as many examples of cliché similes as they could. I then told students to never use these similes again! (Unless they were trying to be funny.)
2. We then watched a video about Odyssey of the Mind for the Media Center.
3. We then took some notes on Similes on this handout: W2 Similes.
4. Students then worked on identifying the tenor and vehicle of some example sentences.
5. We also came up with a million different things that are quiet to come up with some more exciting similes with significant vehicles.